Thermo Fisher Scientific offers a number of new chromatography consumables. Among them are several columns designed for improved analysis of chemical compounds. The company has added five phases to its family of Thermo Scientific Accucore solid core HPLC columns:
- Accucore Polar Premium, a rugged amide-embedded C18 phase offering complementary selectivity to conventional C18 columns
- Accucore Phenyl-X, featuring a proprietary reversed-phase shape selectivity with high aromatic selectivity
- Accucore C30, designed for high shape selectivity for hydrophobic, long chain, structurally related isomers
- Accucore Urea-HILIC for HILIC, designed for selectivity and low ion exchange activity
- Accucore 150-Amide-HILIC, designed to separate hydrophilic biomolecules in HILIC mode, intended for glycan separations.
Also new to the portfolio are Thermo Scientific Acclaim SEC-300 and SEC-1000 size exclusion HPLC columns designed for high-resolution separation of water soluble polymers and oligomers. They are optimized for determining molecular weight distribution and characterization of water soluble polymers used in a wide range of products found in pharmaceuticals, cosmetics, food, and industrial processes.
For high-resolution and high-throughput trace LC-MS analysis of the herbicides diquat and paraquat in plants, Thermo Fisher Scientific features the Acclaim Trinity Q1 HPLC column. Tests have demonstrated that the new column delivers the retention, resolution, peak shape and speed needed to improve diquat and paraquat analysis in common terrestrial and aquatic plant matrixes, without the need for pairing reagents or exotic mobile phases.
Also recently launched is the Thermo Scientific National SureStop vial, designed to eliminate variations in sealing inherent in manual tightening, while optimizing septum compression each time. The threads contain a “stop” designed to prevent under- and over-tightening. Evaporation studies have shown that the SureStop vial produces the lowest loss to evaporation and the lowest standard deviation in evaporation of any mainstream 2 mL vial. This can protect data quality by reducing a source of experimental variation.
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc., 800-532-4752, www.thermofisher.com