Accelrys Inc. announced the expansion of the Accelrys Process Management and Compliance Suite with the addition of the Accelrys Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS), transforming the traditional LIMS market with a unified, more-than-LIMS offering that improves overall product quality, increases operational effectiveness and accelerates innovation. The Accelrys LIMS, with a specific focus on scale-up, manufacturing and compliance, offers a unique, process and execution driven architecture for data management that eliminates the complexities, excessive customization and associated lengthy validation requirements inherent to legacy LIMS. The result is streamlined deployments, a substantially lower total cost of ownership and rapid time to value.
Accelrys is the first lab informatics company with process execution applications- Accelrys Electronic Laboratory Notebook (ELN), Accelrys Laboratory Execution System (LES) and Accelrys Electronic Batch Records (EBR)- that has expanded into the LIMS market. As part of the Suite, Accelrys LIMS leverages this process execution foundation to deliver a groundbreaking process-centric approach to laboratory operations that stands in contrast to the traditional sample-centric approach taken by legacy LIMS. This enables organizations to manage change and organizational complexities in a systemic way to achieve repeatability and consistency of procedures, automatically validate operational changes and maintain a lower total cost of ownership. The Accelrys LIMS combined with the Suite's Accelrys ELN, Accelrys LES, Accelrys EBR, Accelrys Discoverant and the scientifically aware Accelrys Enterprise Platform (AEP), provides a holistic, end-to-end informatics offering that makes valuable data locked in silos accessible and searchable across the enterprise.
The Suite enables the Accelrys LIMS to make quality data available throughout the enterprise by closely integrating with core enterprise applications that development, quality control and quality assurance and manufacturing scientific operations rely upon. Additionally, AEP further enhances the flexible deployment and integration capabilities of the Accelrys LIMS, allowing organizations to enhance the value of their existing infrastructure, such as legacy LIMS, and also to connect to the broader downstream infrastructure, including enterprise resource planning systems. Accelrys LIMS offers automated qualification/validation via drag-and-drop workflows that generate validation scripts and can be managed by in-house resources. After completing a workflow, a single mouse click generates an automated qualification/validation document.
Accelrys LIMS offers complete LIMS capabilities in six application areas: Metrology Management, Stability Management, Sample Management, Work Request Management, Inventory Management and Environmental Monitoring. Features of the Accelrys LIMS include:
- Innovative workflow editors that enable the creation of precise business workflows through a simple drag-and-drop process
- The ability to begin with one application and quickly and easily add additional LIMS capabilities without custom coding or programming
- Built-in compliance at the core technology level that enables automatically created qualification/validation documents when new applications are added
- Easy creation of instrument connections through an instrument library with drag-and-drop capabilities
- The option to be deployed individually or to integrate with the powerful capabilities of the Accelrys Electronic Laboratory Notebook, Lab Execution System, Accelrys Electronic Batch Records, Accelrys Discoverant and the Accelrys Enterprise Platform within the Process Management and Compliance Suite to make quality data available to the enterprise
Accelrys Inc., http://accelrys.com